If you have experience in working in product design then this could well be the perfect job for you. We are currently looking for an experienced candidate to join our fast-growing design team in the UK…
We are looking for a new member to join our in house design and development team here at Rather Outdoors in the UK. The Rather Outdoors family offers a huge variety of angling products throughout Europe and North America and this role will be specifically focused on the Fox, Fox Rage, Matrix, and Spomb.
You should have a minimum of 4 years’ experience and a proven track record, you should be serious about design, yet don’t take yourself too seriously.
Candidates must have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in product design or a closely related field and will need to enjoy a variety of work following their projects through from conception to production.
You will need good sketching and rendering skills, and you must be well versed in 2D and 3D software, displaying a great understanding of 3D forms, aesthetics and graphical layouts. You need to have more than just a CV to show us, we need to see a portfolio of work that truly expresses your mastery of design.
An active interest in fishing is also highly desirable but not essential.
- Strong formal design ability including 2D and 3D product development. This candidate should possess conceptual visualisation skills that demonstrate a unique and varied approach to product development.
- Must be a collaborator and have clear communication with the design team, brand managers and consultants.
- Strong digital skills with 3D Design tools including Solidworks, and the 2D programs Photoshop and Illustrator.
- The ability to manage your own projects, liaise with suppliers, control costings and meet deadlines.
- A good understanding of injection moulding and related processes and a solid basic understanding of other manufacturing methods and processes including fabrication, various finishing processes, die casting, fastening etc.
- Experience and knowledge of 3D printing techniques and uses is highly desirable. We maintain and operate 4 in house desktop printers and outsource more niche jobs.
- A broad and active knowledge on new materials and manufacturing techniques.
- Adobe Suite
- Microsoft Office
- Holiday allowance of 23 days per anum increasing incrementally to 25 days over 2 years.
- Auto enrol pension after 3 months
- Optional private health cover after 3 months
- Discounted own brand equipment
- Yearly discretionary bonus scheme
Location: Rather Outdoors Headquarters, Brentwood, Essex.
Job Level: Mid-Level Design Position
Field: Product Design/Product Design Engineer
Job Functions: 3D Modelling & CAD, Design, Engineering, Product Development, Project Management
Salary: Competitive salary based on experience
You can e-mail your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to your portfolio, if you choose to send a copy of your portfolio please ensure the e-mail is under 10Mb.